Slidebean (slidebean.com) is a New York startup with offices in New York City and San Jose, CR.
We have received worldwide recognition and press and over $850,000 in venture capital funding. Our core product is a super easy to use web presentation tool, currently featuring over 1.5M signups and over 35,000 new customers every month. We’ve built some satellite products and services that have continued to speed our company growth, which is now at 60% YoY.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to work alongside our CEO in running both our Costa Rica and US legal entities. We expect the Operations Manager to oversee the company’s legal, financial, and human resources obligations. You will work with our lawyers, our accountants, and our managers to maximize our company’s productivity and maintain compliance with the legal requirements across both countries. You should also come up with expense forecasts and projections, negotiate with suppliers to optimize our cash flow, and ensure payroll and supplier payments are delivered promptly. Finally, you should be ready to get involved with improving company and CEO productivity by,
- Managing priorities: do calendar audits, review and synthesize metrics/ initiatives to support company priority setting
- Overseeing staff/internal operations: prepare agendas, take notes, and assign action items at weekly staff meetings, manage the OKR and annual planning processes, support with board meeting prep, create decision-making frameworks, manage All Hands programming
- Spearheading special projects: lead a metrics overhaul, do customer research on an adjacent business opportunity, run an acquisition process, lead the search for an executive hire
- Excellent (100%) English.
- 2+ years of experience in administrative roles.
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of 10+ people.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Familiar with the labor legislation in Costa Rica and with the human resources process.
- Great proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets.
- University degree in Business Administration or similar.
- Basic familiarity with the labor legislation in the US: contractors (1099) vs. payroll employees (W2).
- Experience working in a macOS environment. Basic IT knowledge to help troubleshoot computers and networks.
- Passion around technology and tech startups.
A great bonus if you:
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: experience as a founder, co-founder, or early employee of a startup (failed companies are OK too :D )
- Know how to make great presentations.
For this position, we offer:
- The chance to work with one of the most relevant tech startups in Costa Rica.
- Full visibility into business operations and critical decisions: you’ll be a right-hand to the CEO.
- During pandemic lockdowns, 99% remote work. After reopening, schedule flexibility to work from home 2-3 times a week.
- A competitive salary in USD. All health and payroll benefits.
- Company-financed purchases of Apple devices with our Business Account.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention this job opening.